Right now, free speech in Australia is under attack - we’ve seen young Australians studying at the Queensland University of Technology dragged before courts and tribunals for three years over Facebook posts just to be found innocent.
There’s a real risk that more young Australians could be dragged through a similar expensive legal process for Facebook posts, Tweets or even Snapchats. That’s why section 18C of the Racial Discrimination Act needs to go.
We’ve been vocal and championing free speech for young people but we need your help. Can you SIGN UP to SAVE FREE SPEECH below? Or even make a donation? Any support you can provide will help us.
- Breaking News Summary - Government's Free Speech reforms
- Young Liberal Parliamentary Submission on why 18C needs to go
- Opinion Piece from Federal President Aiden Depiazzi - 18C threatens young Australians
- Media Release from Federal President Aiden Depiazzi - QUT case could be repeated unless 18C repealed
- Media Release from the Federal President and Federal Vice President - QUT case comes to an end
- Young Liberal Policy Journal Article on 18C by Rebecca Didcoe
- Opinion Piece by Federal Vice President Josh Manuatu - Free speech taken to cleaners